If you’re looking to learn how to mix urban pop, look no further. Australian mix master Michael Costa is going to show you the tricks of the trade. Michael starts with a raw mix of “Doin’ Ma Thang” by upcoming super artist Tessa Cattanach, and goes through it all ending with a professional sounding radio mix that gets your head nodding. See how Michael sets up his session, uses templates, creates routing, uses EQ, compression and effects to create a 3D space, banging drums, fat bass, “in your face” vocals and more. You’ll see both mistakes and revelations happen as they occur, in this real-world mix session. After watching you’ll have knowledge that usually takes years to gain through much trial and error, and your mixes will greatly improve by applying Michaels techniques and tricks to your productions. The info is shown in Pro Tools 8, but is all about mixing, so it can be applied to any DAW. Get your mix groove going, check out “Mixing Urban Pop” today.
– 9 Tutorials / Over 3 Hours Total Runtime
– For all intermediate to advanced engineers and producers
– Written by engineering and mixing guru Michael Costa
– Shown in Pro Tools 8, but works with any DAW
– Simple to use video control interface for Mac & PC
– Watch Online, Download, Stream to iPad, iPhone & iPod