Learn how to put together the music, dialogue and sound effects in a single mix to use in your animation. In this course you will learn how to use audacity to mix down the audio for your animations. Before starting, I will show you how to download this free software.
– Then we will learn how to create a new project
– Then I will show you some tricks to playback the audio, how to transport the cursor up and down, how to zoom in, zoom out.
– How to manage different tracks, work with waveforms, understanding the spectrogram…
– The difference between stereo and mono channels.
– Then after you know all the basics, we will dive in to learn how to use the tools so you can understand the editing process inside audacity.
– How to cut, move clips around, use labels.
– And also, how to record audio with your smart phone, and make it sound decent, when you have no budget.
– You will learn a little bit about acoustics.
– And if you have a studio room with foam on the walls, then I will show you how to record inside audacity.
– Then, I will show you how to improve your recordings, we will take the recording made with my smart phone, clean it up, use some equalization and compression, and make it sound good enough for a simple animation.
– Then we will edit the audio and do the mixing for a little scene of an animated short.