Side Chain compression can make or break a mix, especially in a genre like EDM, Pop or Hip Hop. In this tutorial course, Echo Sound Works will show you everything you need to know about Side Chain compression and when to use it in your productions. At just around 1 hour in length, this tutorial course will cover the basics of Side Chain compression and why we use this effect to more creative ways of using it in a mix.
Module 1 – Introduction to Side Chain Compression
– PART 0 – Introduction – This video covers what the tutorial course will discuss.
– PART 1 – ‘What is’ Side Chain Compression – This video covers the basics and the “why’s” of Side Chain compression.
– PART 2 – ‘How To’ Side Chain Compress – This section gets into the nitty gritty and looks at how you can create side chain compression using an AUX send or a bus track.
– PART 3 – Alternative Methods – There are third party plugins that make Side Chain compression style effects very easy to set up and more flexible.
– PART 4 – Creative Side Chain Compression – This video looks at different types of tracks you can use side chain compression on. It is most commonly used as a way to allow the bass and kick drums to peacefully coexist, but you don’t have to only use it on the low end instruments of a mix.