I’ve created this class to best help you bring your recordings to life with the effects you want, regardless of the pricepoint of your equipment. This will all be presented through exclusive videos and written direction.
– Understanding Audio Physics. This unit will cover the science of sound and how it reacts according to its surroundings.
– Selecting a Recording Space. This unit will cover how to select the appropriate space for your recording, and how to properly optimize it for your desired effect.
– Positioning Microphones, Instruments and Voices. This unit will cover how each take will be affected based on where the microphone is in relation to the audio source/ the recording space.
– Monitoring Levels. This unit will cover how to ensure your recording is clean (or muddled, if that’s the desired effect) and within an acceptable dynamic range.
– Making Adjustments and Multiple Takes. This unit will cover how to alter the recording variables (mic placement, recording space adjustments, microphone add-ons, instrument add-ons) to create multiple tracks, which will eventually be layered to complete the whole of the audio project.
– Finishing. How to properly label each take, how to organize each track and who to send everything to upon the completion of recording.