Starting with basics of harmony & chord progressions, you’ll learn how to come up with awesome chord progressions for your productions.
What you’ll learn in this course:
– Principles of western harmony.
– Theory of chord progressions.
– Applying this knowledge and finding better chord progressions in your own productions. We will show you how to come up with interesting and fresh chord progressions for various types of musical genres like house, pop, rock, rnb, blues, classic, future bass, progressive house and many more.
– We are going to show you many nice sound examples – offering a practical application of our theoretical frameworks.
– – We are going to deeply analyze chord progressions and find out :
– Why some chord progressions simply work and others don’t.
– Rules and codes for “hit song” progressions.
How this course is structured
In the first part of this course you are going to learn the basics of harmony and chord progressions. In the second part you will learn how to come up with great sounding harmonies and chord progressions and how to find voicings “that work” in your own compositions and make them sound more interesting. Along the way, we are going to share a lot of our specific composition knowledge and experience. You will get around 3 hours of studio sessions with Francois.
Who is it made for?
This course is designed for electronic music producers – we are going to take the perspective of someone working inside a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation – like Cubase, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, FL Studio). The course is designed for beginners but its also suitable for advanced learners of the subject as we go into great detail after our first “basics” block is covered.