This bumper patch and tutorial package is most certainly NOT for the faint hearted! Every patch is designed with those heavy growling drops and wobs in mind. Fired up with the very hardest of dubstep bass in the style of Skrillex, Datsik, Excision, Zed’s Dead, Kill the Noise, Ajapai and more, Bass Science’s 75 pure dubstep patches are all locked, loaded and ready to go with the full 8 macros, allowing you to create hundreds of different sounds from each patch with just a few minor adjustments. THAT NASTY SKRILLEX STYLE SOUND – We focus on the theory behind recreating that coveted first few bars after the drop in ‘Scary Monsters’ and ‘Nice Sprites’. In the pack you have the patches, you have the Ableton project file and you have the tutorials. We show you the science.
OVER 2 HOURS OF DETAILED VIDEO TUTORIAL DISSECTIONS Bass science offers tutorials on:
– Patch creation, dissecting 7 new and surprising approaches to this most versatile of synthesisers.
– How to make that Datsik/Excision style roaring wobble bass, the coveted talking drop bassline popularised by Skrillex, nasty distorted Zed’s Dead bassline mayhem, plus 3 highly innovative – techniques for squeezing the filth out of Massive’s rottun belly.
– Learn our incredibly innovative ‘double drop’ and ‘sub sonix’ techniques (more on these later)
– 3 tutorials on external effects processing, to make these already filthy sounds to explode out of your speakers with the venom that motivated you to get into music production in the first place.
– Again, this pack is most definitely NOT for the faint hearted.
WHY THE PACK AND THE SOUNDS IS SO SPECIAL
– There are a few ways to learn music production: emulating producers you admire, reverse engineering patches you’ve got your hands on, watching video tutorials, and just plain practice.
– Bass Science develops all of these approaches at the same time, and speeds up your learning.
– There’s something for everyone: If you want to skip the tutorials and get straight to producing darkstyle dubstep tunes, you have 75 patches ready to go and 8 disgusting macro controls at your fingertips to squeeze the filth out of each one.
– If you want to learn how to the patches were made so you can get creating your own, Bass Science has two hours of video tutorials showing you the detailed theory behind every step.
– We aren’t teaching you to suck eggs here and we aren’t chucking together loads of variations on the same theme. This is high innovation and you will learn a lot if you put the time in.
– More than this, we have three tutorials dedicated to external effects processing to get your drops and wobs sounding like polished filth (you know what I mean).
– Bass science gives you not just the tools, but also the theory needed to gain the confidence to set out committing those sounds in your imagination to real life, speaker-pumping, dancefloor-shaking, mind-bending bass in no time.
WHAT SOUNDS DO YOU GET IN THE PACK?
– 75 pure tearing, howling, screaming and talking drops and wobble patches for NI Massive. Including:
– 20 Skrillex, Zed’s dead, Ajapai styled drops, many of which utilise our innovative and exclusive ‘double drop’ technique.
– 20 Datsik and Excision styled roaring wobbles. Dr Hobo continues to bring you the very best in that dark, barking, roaring wobble popularised some years ago by the masters themselves.
– 4 ‘sub sonix’ patches, using a brand new innovative technique on wobble bass creation that we guarantee you’ve never tried. This is one to look out for, it will revolutionise the way you think about and use your synth!
– 3 of the heaviest reese basslines around. These are floor shakers!
– 6 mental glitched up robotic talky squelchy darkstyle noises from outer space for those of you who like to mess with people’s minds.
– 3 monster climbing growl basses in the style of Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites. These rip roaring patches will blow your socks off.
– A bunch of long attack robotic opener wobs to use creatively and transitionally. You’ll have some fun with these!
– Much much more! (a lot of these sounds defy categorisation, or even description!) There’s even a couple of sweeps and a cheeky little ‘yoi’ bass in there!
– EVERY PACTH is fully macro controllable. Switch wavetables, rhythms, filters and FX; modulate filter, FX, EQ, and ‘double drop’ parameters; glitch up, switch up, widen and chop! Get thousands of different sounds out of each patch, and make each one evolve through your tune at twist of a knob (or 8!)