Glass / Works is a Kontakt player instrument which collects together 3 extremely unusual and rare musical instruments which use glass to generate sound : Le Cristal Baschet, The Glass Armonica, and a set of Cloud Chamber Bowls. Just locating these instruments was a challenge in itself – the third in the collection, Cloud Chamber Bowls, proved so elusive that after a lot of research and enquiries, we realised that if we wanted to sample some, we would have to build a set ourselves. The first two instruments – Le Cristal and the Glass Armonica, as strange and beautiful as each other – required us to make a trip to Paris, to the studio of Thomas Bloch.
New Features in v2.0
– New instrument / samples : Bowed Chamber Bowls. An airy, ethereal sound with realtime harmonic control via velocity or modwheel. 5 round robin samples per note.
– New instrument : Cristal SFX. The SFX sound set from the v1.0 instrument rehoused in its own custom interface with the great new KSP ‘FOCUS’ function : map any sound across the entire keyboard with one click.
– New GUI : each Glass Works instrument gets its own unique control interface with custom KSP options setup, dedicated effects page and more.
– New Preset Library : 100 sound design presets explore every corner of the Glass Works sounds.
– Glass Works 2.0 is also fully Kontakt Player 5 compatible.
– This update adds NI NKS compatibility for Kontrol & Maschine